Pinterest has seen incredible growth, especially during the Covid crisis, so let’s take a deep dive into this visual-first inspirational platform.
- Engagement has increased 75% in the last 18 weeks – making it the fastest-growing channel
- More than two-thirds of users are women
- 97% of searches do not include brand names, which means capturing users at (or before!) the decision-making stage
- Posts have a much longer lifespan than any other platform – the average lifespan is 3 months – right up to 1 year if you optimise correctly
- COMING SOON – shoppable links to be launched in Pinterest Lens
With more users looking to purchase directly, combined with the vast growth seen (and that we are continuing to see!), Pinterest is an essential tool for future marketing strategies in both B2C and B2B environments.
It is said an image is worth a thousand words, and this most definitely applies to Pinterest.
Here are two top tips from the Parrot team to get the most out of Pinterest:
Each of your pins should feature a keyword-rich description – the recommendation is between 100 & 200 characters for the most re-pins!
Pinterest is great for driving both traffic & sales. Pins with links typically perform 90% better than those without; so make sure to link pins back to your website.