We’re continuing with our ‘five things you might not have known’ series. Here we are taking a look at Facebook. While Facebook wasn’t the earlier social media channel, it certainly made a huge impact after its launch and drove the explosion in social network usage.
1) As of March 31 2020, Facebook had 2.6 billion monthly active users around the world.
2) On average, five new profiles are created every second.
3) Facebook reports their highest levels of activity are between 1pm and 3pm.
4) An average of 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every day.
5) Facebook now sees 100 million hours of daily video watch time.
So how can you use these facts and figures to guide your activity? It is clear that mixed media is becoming increasingly important on Facebook, including images and videos. While you can repurpose what you already have, make sure it is sized appropriately for Facebook as their optimum dimensions will be different for each platform.
While Facebook has been plagued with scandals in the past few years, it is still an important social media channel, as demonstrated by its huge audience numbers. Incorporating it into your marketing plans, or repurposing what you already have for this channel, will increase your visibility and digital presence.