We had some fun last week kicking off our ‘five things you might not have known’ series! This time we’re shining a light on Instagram, and looking at some facts about this visually charged social media platform.
1) There are 1 billion active monthly Instagram users as of 2019.
2) As of 2018, 45 billion photos have been shared on Instagram.
3) Instagram is second only to Facebook in terms of daily viewing. More than 60% of its users log in on a daily basis.
4) It’s estimated that posts that include at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement.
5) 33% of the most-viewed stories are from businesses.
This all tells us that Instagram needs to be considered in your marketing plans. With such a huge audience, it is likely that the customers you want to target have a presence on the platform. This is true for B2B as well; remember that while your target market may be an overall business, social media is a great way to engage with the decision makers.
Here’s a quick tip from team Parrot. With the clear increase in engagement when using a hashtag, spending some time researching what hashtags are relevant for your industry, and what your audience uses and engages with, will help you to boost your presence and make your activity work harder for you.